Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29, 2010

I haven't written in a while because I really didn't think anyone was reading my blog, but I've received several emails from people who have seen my blog. Things have been crazy. Jared is doing pretty well, but having some problems in school. Homework is very challenging and this year has been tough. Jared is finishing his year in second grade and is moving into third grade which is very scary for me. His reading scores are low and I've arranged for him to have his ELA tests read to him and extra time for test taken on his IEP. I just found out that his IEP will follow him through high school and some colleges. The trick is finding the right college that recognizes IEP's, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm looking forward to the summer. Right now we are revisiting Jared's fear of bees. I hope all is well for everyone out there, and if you see this, please let me know. I will try and continue doing daily blogs!!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I just found your blog. I follow John Robison's blog and found you through him. I have two sons Ryan is 9 and Myles is 7. Ryan was diagnosed with Aspergers in the 1st grade. 1st grade was really hard for him. 2nd Grade was a little easier, but he really struggled with social situations and a very hot temper. 3rd grade has been a dream. Partially because he finally got teachers that understand him and just let him be himself. He finally loves school. I hope this momentum continues. The "right" teacher made a HUGE difference. Good luck and keep writing, please :)

Laura said...

Tamara,

That is incouraging. I'm really afraid for 3rd grade next year. Second grad has been a real struggle with reading and homework. Because my son is ADHD as well and on Ritalin, homework is a challenge because his medicaton wears off by the time we get to homework and my son has real focusing issues. Thanks for your post and hopefully third grade won't be as difficult as I expect it to be.

Thanks.