Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Anxiety

Ok so here is the skinny.......I've been seeing a psychologist with my son Jared who has been dianosed with Aspergers for about 2 years now, and I've always wanted my extended family to go to some of these sessions with me and so far they haven't. I recently sent out an email to everyone (my husbands family and my parents) to extend a written invitation to them about going to see the psychologist with me because I'm really tired of getting bombarded with "I think you guys need to do this, You guys are pushovers. Jared is manipulating you. He doesn't misbehave because of Aspergers, he misbehaves because you are a pushover", and my favorite most recent, my sister in law called my husband to say that Jared is worse when he is around me!! Ughhhh.

I received a call last night from my husbands Aunt telling me that she and my mother in law would like to go to the next session with our psychologist which initially I thought was great, but now I'm getting nervous about it because I fear that they are going to go with their guns drawn and pretty much explain that I'm a pushover as a parent and causing my son harm. I'm trying not to think about it and just letting things unfold as they should, and I'm hoping that my psychologist will support me and the things that I've been doing with Jared. The appointment is next Tuesday which is the 3rd anniversary of my brothers death who was an undiagnosed Aspie. I'm really hoping this session improves things rather than makes things worse. I will keep you posted! No pun intended. ;)

No comments: